Energy-efficient lighting solutions: What are they, exactly?
Today, energy consumption in our societies comes in various forms. Since the Industrial Revolution, technological advancements have constantly increased daily energy consumption. Fortunately, more recent innovations have enabled us to reduce consumption of everyday products, such as lighting! With the advent of LED technology, lamps and fixtures have a longer life span. They are more efficient and require less energy. In a nutshell, this means that energy-efficient lighting products use less electricity while offering the same light output: A 75% drop in energy consumption for LED lamps compared to incandescent lighting.
Are energy-efficient products truly effective?
When we talk about energy efficiency, we usually refer to a product that uses less energy yet offers equal performance when compared to that of a similar product. For instance, when we examine our Energy Star-certified Gimbal downlights, we see that their lumen output stands at 470 when consuming 7 watts. While their traditional counterparts use up to 50 watts. This substantial gap significantly impacts the costs of electricity required to light our lights! Whether dealing with household lighting fixtures or business lighting equipment, opting for certified products can have a major influence on your monthly bills.
Select Energy Star products for greater efficiency
What is the true impact of Energy Star-certified products? What direct bearing does this type of product have on you?
First of all, energy-efficient lighting products allow you to reduce your costs. Whether you are the owner of a large building or a small business, you are inevitably responsible for monthly utilities costs. Why not look for cost-effective solutions to reduce the recurring outlay and save dollars? Minor changes can have a huge impact! So, save money on your lighting by reducing your electrical bill.
Besides, we all know that our consumer habits have an immediate effect on the environment. Select energy-efficient products that allow you to help minimize environmental pollution.
4 lighting solutions to reduce your energy consumption
- Switch to LED lamps and fixtures.
- Favour motion-sensor lighting solutions. Light your spaces only when necessary. A practical and simple choice you don’t even need to worry about!
- Look for and give preference to Energy Star-certified products. This certification is a badge of quality. You can be assured that the products you purchase meet all Canadian energy-efficiency guidelines.
- Don’t forget to turn out your lights when you don’t need them! A simple gesture, but one that can be quite profitable over time.
Our Projects Department simplifies matters for you
You may not know this, but Stanpro offers energy audit services, lighting layouts and the calculation of cost estimates. Thanks to a turnkey solution available through our Projects Department, you can be assured of energy savings at every turn! When installing a new lighting system, or improving your existing one, our team will help you save money. Upgrade the quality of your present lighting, maximize your energy savings and consider your return on investment as well as your recovery time. Stanpro takes care of it all! We support and guide you through the implementation of your lighting projects.
A few articles about energy-efficient lighting
- Save money on your household lighting projects: https://www.standardpro.com/save-money-home-lighting-bill/
- Economical and energy-efficient outdoor lighting: https://www.standardpro.com/outdoor-lighting-solutions/
- Efficient warehouse lighting: https://www.standardpro.com/efficient-warehouse-lighting/
- Ways to light our cities efficiently: https://www.standardpro.com/lighting-cities-street-lighting/
- Energy Star, lighting made easy: https://www.energystar.gov/products/ask-the-expert/lighting-made-easy