STANDARD was recently recognized for its outstanding contributions to Electro Federation Canada (EFC) and the overall global industry with EFC’s 2018 Corporate Engagement Award.
From left to right, Steven Fauteux, Kim Quelch, Daniela Di Pietro, Zane Yakiwchuk, David Nathaniel, Kelly Hanson, Pierre Vincent and Jason Prevost. They represented STANDARD at the annual EFC conference in Vancouver in May.
STANDARD is very proud to dedicate its efforts and resources into making the electrical industry and EFC influential groups, by creating events and opportunities where their members can meet and grow on a professional and personal level. STANDARD is an organization that puts its people first and encourages active participation in the industry through its social, economic and environmental activities and we, at STANDARD, are very pleased to be recognized as such by our peers in the electrical industry through this EFC Award.
We were nominated for
- The active participation of our members on the boards and in the committees of EFC in 2017, namely:
- David Nathaniel, our CEO, has served 2 terms on the Board of Directors of EFC and is the current Chair of the National Advisory Council of EFC. He will also join EFC’s Executive Board.
- Jason Prevost, our Executive VP, spearheaded the launch of the Young Professionals Network (YPN) and was its acting Chair for two years (2016 and 2017).
- Kim Quelch, our Director of Product Marketing, was YPN’s Chair for the Quebec Region in 2017 and is now the National Chair of the association. Additionally, 28 STANDARD employees are YPN members.
- Stephanie Santini, Director of Digital Marketing & Communications, also serves on several committees such as EFC’s Branding Committee, the Marketing & Communications Committee, as well as Habitat for Humanity’s Power to Build Committee.
- Marjorie Dionne-Sammut, Market Channel Manager and Regulatory Affairs Manager, is an active member of the Lighting Section for governmental regulations with EFC. She also participates there in discussions on industry matters as a STANDARD representative.
- Jessica Romani, Stéphanie Bisaillon and Marjorie Servières are members of the Quebec chapter of EFC’s Human Resources (HR) Committee. Marie-Josée Garneau is also member of the National HR Committee. Marjorie Servières also works on the YPN Committee for Quebec.
- STANDARD ensures member participation in and sponsorship of EFC events (holiday parties, conferences, etc.). We also host events to promote EFC’s causes such as the Dine and Donate BBQ and Dale Carnegie Training Sessions through the YPN.
- We have participated in the EFC Scholarship Program for the past 8 years with the STANDARD Recognition of Excellence Award.
Trailblazer Award given to Jason Prevost
This award recognizes the exceptional leadership of Jason Prevost, Executive Vice-President at STANDARD, as well as his contribution as an active member of the electrical industry.
Jason was recognized by his peers as a person who has advanced the Canadian electrical industry, as one who has been a significant driver for industry change, and as someone who has acted as a catalyst for change by bringing new ideas, processes and best practices to the forefront of the industry